Health, Safety & Environment
Health and Safety
The Seajacks HSEQ department, is headed by an HSEQ Manager and is at the core of daily operations within Seajacks.
The HSEQ Manager is supported by HSEQ Advisors and on-board Safety Coaches.
Our HSEQ Policy meets the stringent requirements of Industry Standards and we are committed to ensuring these measures are understood and implemented. Seajacks conforms to all the latest standards and the requirements of our clients while striving to ensure the best possible practices both on and offshore.
In this way we aim to uphold an HSEQ standard to be proud of and to earn the confidence of our customers, shareholders and society at large.
Within Seajacks we are committed to:
- Providing a safe working environment for all;
- Pursuing the goal of no harm to people;
- Protecting the environment and using material and energy efficiently;
- Encouraging open discussion with our workforce about safety, health and well being;
- Preserving security including data, IT infrastructure and critical systems against cyber attacks;
- Playing a leading role in promoting best practice in our industries;
- Managing HSEQ matters as any other critical business activity;
- Promoting a culture in which all Seajacks employees share this commitment.
Seajacks staff members are dedicated to ensuring these commitments are followed through and maintained; they are rewarded for this accordingly through various Safety Incentive schemes.
Certified as an ISO 14001:2015 EMS approved organisation, it is Seajacks objective to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed and develop all necessary or desirable requirements and to continually improve environmental performance through the implementation of the following:
- Regularly assessing the environmental effects of Seajacks activities appropriate to the context of the business and the needs and expectations of our stakeholders;
- Promoting environmental awareness among all employees and external providers;
- Minimising waste and promoting the use of recyclable and renewable materials with consideration to life cycle approach;
- Minimising the risk to stakeholders from operations and activities undertaken by Seajacks;
- Assessing, prioritising and endeavouring to reduce environmental risks;
- Documenting and communicating all significant environmental impacts and aspects and implementing goals and objectives to positively influence such effects;
- Ensuring legal compliance;
- Reducing and/or limiting the production of pollutants to water, land and air;
- Protecting biodiversity and conserving natural resources.
Our Environmental Policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public.
Seajacks conforms to the International Safety Management (ISM) Code and The International Ship and Port Security Code (ISPS).
Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA) has approved Seajacks to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standards for the Operations and Management of our jack-up offshore vessels.
Seajacks have also been assessed and approved by LRQA to ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System for the Management of a Fleet of self-propelled jack-up vessels.
Most recently we have achieved ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety and we also participate in the Achilles FPAL Verify scheme.
Creating a Safety Culture
At Seajacks we are aware that the Safety Leadership demonstrated by our Senior Management Team and subsequently adopted by all employees is vital to creating a positive safety culture.
Every Seajacks employee is empowered and actively encouraged to call an ‘all stop’ if at any time they feel they or their colleagues are unsafe. We have established a thriving hazard observation system using our HazOb cards, which allow both our own personnel and contractors on-board to bring to attention anything they feel could affect the health, safety and security of those on-board.
We understand that it is our people who deliver our safety. We have a continuous agenda of training and professional development to ensure everyone is best prepared to work safely every day.