Health and Safety
Health and Safety
The Seajacks HSEQ department, which is headed by a qualified full time HSEQ Manager, is at the core of daily operations within Seajacks. Our HSEQ Policy meets the stringent requirements of Industry Standards and we are committed to ensuring these measures are understood and implemented.
Seajacks conforms to all the latest standards and the requirements of our clients while striving to ensure the best possible practices both on and offshore.
In this way we aim to uphold an HSEQ standard to be proud of and to earn the confidence of our customers, shareholders and society at large.
Within Seajacks we are committed to:
- Pursuing the goal of no harm to people
- Protecting the environment
- Using material and energy efficiently to provide our products and services
- Playing a leading role in promoting best practise in our industries
- Managing HSE matters as any other critical business activity
- Promoting a culture in which all Seajacks employees share this commitment
Seajacks staff members are dedicated to ensuring these commitments are followed through and maintained; they are rewarded for this accordingly through various Safety Incentive schemes.
Certified as an ISO 14001:2004 EMS approved organisation, it is Seajacks objective to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed and develop all necessary or desirable requirements and to continually improve environmental performance through the implementation of the following:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of Seajacks activities appropriate to the nature and impacts of the business
- Promote environmental awareness among all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Minimise waste and promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- Reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land and air
- Protect Biodiversity and conserve natural resources
- Minimise the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by Seajacks
- Assess, prioritise and endeavour to mitigate environmental risks
- Maintain environmental compliance and legality as part of the mitigation process
- Document all significant environmental impacts
Our Environmental Policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public.
Seajacks conforms to the International Safety Management (ISM) Code and The International Ship and Port Security Code (ISPS).
Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA) has approved Seajacks to ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Standards for the Operations and Management of our jack-up offshore vessels.
Seajacks have also been assessed and approved by LRQA to ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System for the Management of a Fleet of self-propelled jack-up vessels.
Most recently we have achieved OHSAS 18001 Certification for Health and Safety Management and we also participate in the Achilles FPAL Verify scheme.
Creating a Safety Culture
At Seajacks we are aware that the Safety Leadership demonstrated by our Senior Management Team and subsequently adopted by all employees is vital to creating a positive safety culture.
Every Seajacks employee is empowered and actively encouraged to call an ‘all stop’ if at any time they feel they or their colleagues are unsafe. We have established a thriving hazard observation system using our HazOb cards, which allow both our own personnel and contractors on-board to bring to attention anything they feel could affect the health, safety and security of those on-board.
In May 2013, we passed a significant milestone in our ongoing journey towards making Seajacks an incident and injury free company when the Seajacks Kraken completed 4 years, 1460 days without a lost time accident. In February 2014 the Leviathan also passed 1460 days without a lost time incident. Achieving and maintaining a safe work environment is something that we take very seriously and these outstanding achievements confirm our commitment to safety and demonstrate that Seajacks is committed to safe working practices.
We understand that it is our people who deliver our safety. We have a continuous agenda of training and professional development to ensure everyone is best prepared to work safely every day.